Photo taken at Golden Glen Creamery / Jensen & Son Dairy in Bow, WA

Friday, June 1, 2012

Minimize Farm Machinery Fire Risk

Learning about farm safety is a BIG deal, way more than just being careful on and around farm equipment. My mind tends to wander driving tractors and gators even more than when I'm driving my car. I'm careful and vigilant but if a rig caught on fire would I know what to do? How fast could I put out a fire? I've never used a fire extinguisher.

I liked this article about minimizing fire risk on farm machinery because it's a short yet usefully informative read. It made me think of the farm equipment I've been on or around. How many of those machines were equipped with a fully charged fire extinguisher?

Food for thought.


END NOTES: 

All of my videos of Skagit Valley farmers are posted in this blog as well as on my YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/denicer. 

Buy Something and support your local farmers. 
Grow Something wherever you live. Even if it's just a flower or herb in the windowsill. 
Say Something on Twitter - @urbantweeter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.